This course has been revised for the updated CAE exam syllabus introduced in December 2008. It contains 30 short units which take a fresh approach to a wide variety of topics and exam-related genres useful for the exam. Authentic language examples illustrate a wide range of real English usage and a Grammar Folder appendix provides further examples and explanations. The course is written by experienced authors who have an in-depth knowledge of the CAE exam, and contains material informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus which highlights typical mistakes made by CAE candidates.
Key Features of this Title
- 'Writing Folders' develop the full range of writing skills needed for the CAE exam.
- 'Exam Folders' familiarise candidates with exam-type tasks and provide helpful advice for each part of the exam.
- A 'Grammar Folder' appendix provides further explanations and examples.
- Regular revision units measure students' progress and recycle grammar and vocabulary.
- Corpus-informed to make students aware of the most common mistakes made in the exam and to present the most authentic, up-to-date use of language.