Aprende español con
Aprende español con… readers offer flexibility that is ideal for teachers with a small or unpredictable amount of classroom time.
The reader series Aprende español con… features stories based on modern films and television series, carefully adapted for Spanish language students.
These graded readers are a flexible, engaging tool for adult and young adult language learners. Each reader:
- Features background information about the history behind and making of the film, providing many opportunities for cross-disciplinary study.
- Can be read independently, or used together with the source film.
- Is appropriate for self-study or classroom use.
- Contains an audio recording of the text and comprehension activities.
For students seeking additional language learning outside of the classroom, Aprende español con… readers are an excellent self-study tool.
- Audio recordings allow students to practice listening as well as reading, improving their overall Spanish comprehension.
- Post-tests allow students to check and cement their knowledge of new vocabulary and skills.
Aprende español con… readers offer flexibility that is ideal for teachers with a small or unpredictable amount of classroom time with Spanish students.
- Background historical and technical notes offer opportunities for at-home research.
- Three different mediums--the source film, included audio recording, and text--help teachers adapt and control the speed with which students move through the material.
- Accessible material engages reluctant language learners and readers.
Billy is a 12-year old boy who has a hard life. But Billy has a dream: he wants to be a ballet dancer in the Royal Ballet School. How can he tell his family?
Los fantasmas de Goya
It is 1792, and Spain is in crisis. The Inquisition is sweeping the country, making life dangerous for court painter Francisco Goya and his beautiful model Inés.
A talented soccer player, Santiago Múnez, travels to Spain to achieve his greatest dream: to play for Real Madrid.
La máscara del Zorro
Mexico, 1821. A masked man and acclaimed popular hero, known as Zorro, fights in the battle against colonial oppression in Alta California.
12-year-old DJ, along with his friends Chowder and Jenny, must work together to defeat the evil spirit that lives in the house next door.
La niña de tus ojos
Anxious to leave the Spanish Civil War behind, a group of filmmakers from Spain travel to Nazi Germany to film a musical drama set in Andalucia.
Robin Hood and his band of men are outlaws living in Sherwood Forest. Can Robin Hood and his men defend the people from the unfair laws of the Sheriff of Nottingham?
Tocando el vacío
In 1985, elite mountaineers Joe Simpson and Simon Yates set out on a spectacular adventure: climbing to the highest peak of the Peruvian Andes. Would their years of planning pay off?