Other available formats:
Request inspection copy
Lecturers may request a copy of this title for inspection
A must-have book for thirty years, and now in its sixth edition, Cookery for the Hospitality Industry remains Australia's most trusted and reliable reference for commercial cookery students, apprentice chefs and those studying vocational courses in schools. It covers the essential skills, methods and principles of cookery as well as the core competencies listed within the Australian National Training Package for Commercial Cookery. This book provides trade apprentices and commercial cookery students with everything they need to know to achieve trade status and more. It is the only textbook that genuinely addresses the needs of Australian students by covering Australian qualifications and reflecting Australian conditions, ingredients and our unique cuisine.Read more
- Australia's most trusted and reliable reference for commercial cookery students and apprentice chefs
- Fully revised and updated, with many new recipes reflecting contemporary Australian cuisine theory and practice
- This new edition will, for the first time, come with a companion website providing instructional videos, recipe library, recipe calculator, chapter summaries, extensive discussion questions and a flashcard glossary for student revision
27th Jan 2019 by Khent
Very nice because easy to access and is very helpful for me as a student
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 6th Edition
- Date Published: December 2011
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521156325
- length: 764 pages
- dimensions: 264 x 208 x 34 mm
- weight: 1.93kg
- contains: 6 b/w illus. 608 colour illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
How to use this book
2. Kitchen organisation
3. Catering hygiene and HACCP principles
4. Occupational health and safety
5. Menu planning
7. Cost control in the commercial kitchen
8. Food service operations
9. Food preparation and mise en place
10. Methods of cookery
11. Appetisers and finger food
12. Salads and sandwiches
16. Rice, pasta, gnocchi and noodles
20. Game, pate and terrines
21. Vegetables and fruit
23. Pastries, cakes and yeast goods
24. Hot and cold desserts
26. Food preservation
27. Australian bush foods
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
This title is supported by one or more locked resources. Access to locked resources is granted exclusively by Cambridge University Press to lecturers whose faculty status has been verified. To gain access to locked resources, lecturers should sign in to or register for a Cambridge user account.
Please use locked resources responsibly and exercise your professional discretion when choosing how you share these materials with your students. Other lecturers may wish to use locked resources for assessment purposes and their usefulness is undermined when the source files (for example, solution manuals or test banks) are shared online or via social networks.
Supplementary resources are subject to copyright. Lecturers are permitted to view, print or download these resources for use in their teaching, but may not change them or use them for commercial gain.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×