Cambridge English Placement Test
A fast, accurate and affordable online test designed to assess students' level of English and relate it to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
With the Cambridge English Placement Test you can find out what level of English your students already have, decide which language class is most appropriate for them and make decisions about which classes, courses and exams are most suitable for them. The test, developed by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL), is designed to pinpoint students' level of English and relate it to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). It focuses on Reading, Use of English and Listening skills and will assess the entire spectrum of learning ability, from pre-A1 to C2 level.
- Fast and reliable: The test takes only 30 minutes and results are instant. Extensive research and pre-testing ensures it is reliable and valid.
- International: It features a variety of accents and text sourced from a range of English-speaking countries.
- Suitable for all students: You can use the same test for all students - the test becomes progressively easier or more difficult based on the student's responses to help quickly assess the level of English.
- Easy to manage: The test is online and can be taken on demand. A dedicated administration site allows you to manage test orders and view and print results.
- User-friendly: Students can take a tutorial before the test, access on-screen help at any time and see a timer and progress bar during the test.
- Secure: The test is taken under secure conditions and because it is adaptive, each student gets a unique test, seeing different items and in a different order.
See a demo of the test. The tutorial shows how to answer different question types. To take the demo test, enter the token DEMCPTE1. Please note that the demo test is not adaptive and does not give a score.
To place an order, please contact your local Cambridge University Press office or distributor.