Thank you to all who entered the Cambridge Story Competition, we’ve had entries from all over the World and the stories have been truly fascinating to read! It’s been a tough decision as there were so many wonderful entries, but we’ve managed to pick our winning 12 stories.
- Marco, Italy – The Investigators
- Akshat, India – The Hungry Ball
- Omar, UAE – The Moon
- Alexey, Ukraine – Elvia and a magic nut
- Pupils from Colégio Santo Anjo, Brazil – In China
- Jana, Egypt – The magical team
- Eufrasia Guslianti (awaiting confirmation of student’s name), Indonesia – Bear and Friends
- Salomé, France – Ugly Shoes
- Bengüsu, Turkey – Magic Toys
- Julia, Poland – New Island
- Gorovaya, Russia – Ellie the Wizard
- George, Greece – Mr Triangle
The judges praised the winners’ creative use of language to convey stories with clarity and creativity. Well done to all of the above named entrants, you will be contacted by a Cambridge Representative to provide further details of the winning student’s story and certificates.
We will publish the winning stories for all to see on World of Better Learning.
We would like to thank the judges: Allen Davenport, Kathryn Escribano, Jade Glennon, Garan Holcombe, Bill Inge, Rachel Jeffries, Sarah Lahiff, Carrie Lewis, Justyna Matwiejczyk, Melissa Scott Katia Valle and Charlotte Yule, for dedicating their time to the competition.
We would also like to thank the teachers and their institutions for their continued support: Natalia Sileno, Komal Sharma, Charlotte Kelly, Tetyana Byelkina, Simone Rosa, Nadia Mahmoud, Eufrasia Guslianti, Laetitia Carion, Zeliha Kale, Marzena Slomian-Zelazny, Lubov Gracheva and Donna Leventakis.
Thank you to the marketing team at Cambridge University Press and Tasneem Alsmadi and Lok Yee Liu for their hard work.
Please note- the Cambridge Story Competition closed on April 30th 2018, it is no longer possible to enter story submissions.