Upper-intermediate to Advanced
International Legal English is the definitive course for those needing to work in the international legal community. Suitable for classroom use or self-study, this course teaches lawyers and law students how to use English in a commercial law environment. The book focuses on a variety of legal topics including contracts, company formation, debtor-creditor relationships and intellectual property rights. Using authentic texts to present and practise legal language, the course develops the four key skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
As a guide, the core material for this course offers between 75 and 90 hours of study. This can be extended using the Language Focus pages, Case Studies, ILEC material and the resource material in the Teacher's Book.
Written by US and British lawyers and ELT specialists, International Legal English features:
- authentic legal texts supplied by - Europe's leading firm of lawyer-linguists,
- authentic case studies which allow learners to consolidate and practise what they have learnt,
- authentic and up-to-date language informed by the Cambridge Legal English Corpus, part of the Cambridge International Corpus,
- Online task-based exercises linked to every unit of the book
- exam preparation for the Cambridge International Legal English Certificate (ILEC), including practice tasks, exam tips and a practice ILEC paper supplied by Cambridge ESOL.
Student's Book with Audio CDs (3): view catalogue.
International Legal English Teacher's Book
The International Legal English Teacher's Book is an essential companion for any teacher wishing to use the course in the classroom. The book provides the teacher with invaluable background information about the law topics discussed, giving them the confidence to explore these topics with their students.
The Teacher's Book:
- guides the teacher through the exercises in the book and suggests optional consolidation activities,
- adds a whole new communicative dimension to the course, suggesting ideas for role-play activities,
- contains 45 extra photocopiable activities.
Teacher's Book: view catalogue.