Cambridge Vocabulary for First Certificate
Cambridge Vocabulary for First Certificate covers all the vocabulary First Certificate candidates need. It provides students with practice of exam tasks from the Reading, Writing, Listening and Use of English papers. It includes useful tips on how to approach exam tasks and learn vocabulary. It is informed by the Cambridge International Corpus and the Cambridge Learner Corpus to ensure that the vocabulary is presented in genuine contexts and covers real learner errors. It is designed to match the updated exam for December 2008.
Key Features of this Title
- Covers all the vocabulary needed for the First Certificate exam with exam practice of all papers.
- Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus, including the Cambridge Learner Corpus ensuring vocabulary is presented in genuine contexts, and covers the errors that students really make.
- Common learner error warnings help students to be aware of and to avoid making common mistakes.
- Regular progress tests allow students to consolidate their learning and chart their progress.
- Tips on how to approach exam tasks practised in the book and how to learn vocabulary are ideal for the self-study student.
- An appendix containing key word lists, including collocations and phrasal verbs, provides a useful checklist and revision resource for students.
- The topic-based unit approach means the material can easily be used to supplement an exam coursebook.