Australian English Pronunciation and Transcription is the first textbook to clearly describe the speech of Australians. This groundbreaking work addresses Australian English pronunciation characteristics and provides detailed instruction in both phonetic and phonemic transcription of the dialect. Through comprehensive coverage of traditional and revised systems of phonemic transcription, Australian English Pronunciation and Transcription offers an astute and engaging exploration of one of the core global dialects of English. Australian English Pronunciation and Transcription is complemented by an extensive Website which provides further explanatory materials and exercises with audio examples. This unique text, in tandem with these valuable pedagogical features, is an essential resource for students and teachers of linguistics, speech pathology and language education.Read more
- This is the only text that is specifically designed for the Australian market
- Features a companion website which provides easy access to audio examples, worked solutions and essential pedagogical materials
- This important resource is indispensable for students and teachers of phonetics, linguistics, speech pathology, TESOL, voice and drama studies
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: February 2012
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521145893
- length: 256 pages
- dimensions: 247 x 175 x 16 mm
- weight: 0.42kg
- contains: 25 b/w illus. 8 tables
- availability: Temporarily unavailable - available from May 2017
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Australian English speech production
2. Consonants and vowels
3. Syllables, word stress and sentence stress
4. Phonemic transcription of Australian English
5. Phonetic transcription of Australian English
6. Evaluation of two phonemic transcription systems.
Welcome to the resources site
Here you will find free-of-charge online materials to accompany this book. The range of materials we provide across our academic and higher education titles are an integral part of the book package whether you are a student, instructor, researcher or professional.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to lecturers adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×