Based on the communicative approach, and drawing on the best of current thinking and practice, face2face prepares students for real world communication.
The presentation and practice of vocabulary and grammar are of equal importance and there is a strong focus on listening and speaking with an emphasis on 'real world' language for social situations.
The listening and reading material provides fresh new angles on universal topics and students are given numerous opportunities to practise new language through a wide variety of communicative activities, many of which are personalised.
face2face is also fully compatible with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and gives students regular opportunities to evaluate their progress. Full mapping to the CEFR is available online, as well as in the relevant Teacher's Book.
- get the most out of their classroom time, thanks to easy-to-teach lessons and comprehensive support
- cater for students with differing needs with over 100 pages of extra resources per level
- be confident that students are learning natural, up-to-date English from the Cambridge International Corpus
- use ‘Help with..’ sections to help learners understand how English works, so they can interact more confidently outside class. Including ‘Help with Listening’, which focuses on understanding naturally spoken English in real situations.
- become confident, natural speakers with regular practice across a range of speaking activities
- continue learning in their own time with the award-winning Student's Book CD-ROM/Audio CDs (complete with exercises in all language areas, a progress chart, customisable tests, video and audio)
- be equipped for everyday life with practical language from the 'Real World' sections
- evaluate their own progress using 'Can do' statements and 'Reading and Writing Portfolios' linked to the CEF.