Shown below are podcasts, articles and downloads giving more information about the Cambridge English Corpus. Check back soon for new updates!
The Cambridge Corpus team recently visited Nottingham University to find out more about Corpus research underway at the Centre for Research in Applied Linguistics:
- Podcast: Professor Ron Carter, Nottingham University
COMING SOON!! Hear the latest from Professor Ron Carter about future direction of Corpus studies.
- Podcast: Ron Martinez, Nottingham University
COMING SOON!! Hear PhD Student Ron Martinez talk about developing a new ELT resource using corpora.
Article: Dr Mike Handford. Does academic research make for better teaching materials?
- Article: Bill Mascull. The real thing: using corpora to write language training materials.
The author of Business Vocabulary in Use describes how corpora can be used to write language training materials, and offers ideas on how teachers can use language from the web in the classroom.
- Video: Dr Almut Koester. Interview at IATEFL 2012.
The author of Business Advantage talks about using a corpus of business meetings as the basis of developing teaching materials.
- PDF: Cambridge Learner Corpus - Error codes
COMING SOON! - Find out more about the annotation that helps us uncover student errors
- PDF: Cambridge English Corpus - Info sheet
COMING SOON! - Find out more about the corpora that make up the Cambridge English Corpus
- English Profile
- Centre for Research in Applied Linguistics - Nottingham University
- Cambridge Dictionaries Online
- Sketch Engine
Wordwebs phrasal verbs tool
Use this handy tool to expand your vocabulary fast. Build phrasal verbs yourself and find out what they mean. See how they're used in real life examples… speeding you to fluent and natural sounding English.
Click on the image to start!