Through universally inspiring topics and activities, and with a special focus on intercultural competence as a 'fifth skill', this truly international course helps learners become more sensitive, more effective communicators. Teaching natural, dependable language and using authentic audio from the start, it not only brings real life into the classroom, but gives learners the skills, strategies and confidence they need to communicate confidently outside it.
Key Features of this Title
- Universally-appealing topics and activities to inspire learners worldwide make the course ideal for mixed and single nationality groups in the classroom environment.
- The Teacher's Pack with DVD-ROM features extra ideas and activities plus a comprehensive testing and assessment program, extra literacy and handwriting support for non-Roman alphabet users and much more.
- Explore Writing (in the Coursebook) teaches learners to confidently handle practical, real-life writing tasks, and gives learners a deeper understanding of the writing process.
- Explore Speaking (in the Coursebook) helps learners to perform better in real conversations through a focus on strategies and 'spoken grammar', based on the Corpus.
- Authentic audio right from the start (available on the Class Audio CDs), featuring both native and non-native speakers, builds learners' ability to understand the natural English of international speakers.
- The Coursebook e-Portfolio DVD-ROM provides reference tools and vocabulary tests, as well as enabling learners to build a portfolio of their work, creating a real 'can-do' record of their progress.
- The Self-study Pack with its accompanying DVD-ROM containing over 300 interactive activities enables learners to consolidate and build upon work done in class.