Passages, Second Edition, by Jack C. Richards and Chuck Sandy, is a thoroughly revised edition of Passages, the successful two-level, multi-skills series that takes adult and young adult learners of English from the high-intermediate to advanced level.
Each level of Passages, Second Edition includes a Student's Book with Self-study Audio CD/Dictionary CD-ROM, a Workbook, a Teacher's Edition with Audio CD, and Class Audio CDs
Features of Passages, Second Edition
- A Self-study CD/CD-ROM in each Student’s Book that includes the complete Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary
- Clear examples and explanations that make high-level grammar easy to use
- Step-by-step academic writing activities
- More activities to build and retain vocabulary, including work on collocations, phrasal verbs, and prefixes and suffixes
- A Self-study section for extra listening and vocabulary practice
- A Grammar Plus section for additional grammar practice
- A new spiral-bound, interleaved Teacher's Edition
The following research booklets by author Jack Richards introduce the methodology and theories behind Passages. Visit the Methodology and Research page to download the complete PDF files of the booklets.