Why Choose The Pitt Building? | History
An historical building of architectural interest, The Pitt Building is steeped in Cambridge’s academic and publishing history. The building was commissioned in honour of William Pitt the Younger, an undergraduate of Pembroke College and Prime Minister from 1783 to 1801 and 1804 to 1806.
In 1831, the foundation stone for The Pitt Building was laid and the building was handed over to the University of Cambridge in 1833.
The building subsequently housed the printing and publishing offices of Cambridge University Press for over 100 years.
In 2004, The Pitt Building was elegantly renovated to the highest modern standards to offer professional conference and meeting facilities for up to 250 people.