Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
A Walk through the Southern Sky is a beautifully illustrated guide to the stars and constellations of the southern hemisphere. By following the simplified and easy-to-use starmaps, readers will be able to identify constellations with no equipment but normal sight and a clear night sky. This book provides clear instructions on how to determine star sizes and the distances between stars, allowing readers to move easily between constellations. The budding astronomer is introduced to the mystery and wonder of the southern sky as the myths and legends of its stars and constellations are wondrously retold. The third edition of this magical book features a new moon map, an updated list of planet positions, additional illustrations and more realistic star maps. It is an invaluable and beautiful guide for beginner stargazers, both young and old.Read more
- Richly illustrated, with clear instructions on how to determine star sizes and the distances between stars
- Easy to use starmaps mean that readers will be able to identify constellations with no equipment but normal sight
- This third edition features a new moon map, an updated list of planet positions, additional illustrations and more realistic star maps
Be the first to review this book
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: October 2012
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107698987
- length: 126 pages
- dimensions: 246 x 189 x 6 mm
- weight: 0.3kg
- contains: 20 colour illus. 48 maps
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
1. Measuring distances in the sky
2. A walk through the heavens
3. Legends of the constellations
4. There's more to see!
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×