This expanded and thoroughly revised edition of Thomas H. Lee's acclaimed guide to the design of gigahertz RF integrated circuits features a completely new chapter on the principles of wireless systems. The chapters on low-noise amplifiers, oscillators and phase noise have been significantly expanded as well. The chapter on architectures now contains several examples of complete chip designs that bring together all the various theoretical and practical elements involved in producing a prototype chip. First Edition Hb (1998): 0-521-63061-4 First Edition Pb (1998); 0-521-63922-0Read more
- Thoroughly revised and expanded new edition of a best-selling guide to the design of CMOS RF chips
- Contains a new chapter on the fundamentals of wireless systems
- Now contains several complete, stage-by-stage chip designs, including a GPS receiver and a wireless LAN transceiver
Reviews & endorsements
"Tom Lee has written a terrific book. Everyone that visits my office wants to borrow it, and I tell them to go buy their own."
David Rutledge, California Institute of TechnologySee more reviews
"[A] useful reference both for students in advanced courses and for engineers in the field."
Dejan S. Vujic, Communications Engineer
"Tom Lee's love of, and deep involvement in, radio-frequency integrated circuits is immediately obvious upon glancing through this excellent and original book. Some of his viewpoints are controversial; but this, in fact, makes this stimulating, hard-to-put-down book all the more interesting."
Yannis Tsividis, Columbia University
Thomas Lee uses [an] engaging history lesson as a starting point for this 797-page guide to the design of gigahertz RF ICs. In the second edition, Lee has tweaked all of the first-edition material and added additional information…The author's conversational writing style interspersed with lighthearted humor is enjoyable to read.
"...The first edition of this book, published in 1998, was a pioneering textbook on the field of RF CMOS design. This second edition is a very interesting and upgraded version that includes new material and revised topics...This second edition, which is upgraded and improved, is really useful, both in the industry and academia, for the new generation of RF engineers...and is a valuable reference for practicing engineers..."
IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: December 2003
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521835398
- length: 816 pages
- dimensions: 254 x 178 x 43 mm
- weight: 1.62kg
- contains: 562 b/w illus. 30 tables 185 exercises
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. A nonlinear history of radio
2. Overview of wireless principles
3. Passive RLC networks
4. Characteristics of passive IC components
5. A review of MOS device physics
6. Distributed systems
7. The Smith chart and S-parameters
8. Bandwidth estimation techniques
9. High-frequency amplifier design
10. Voltage references and biasing
12. LNA design
14. Feedback systems
15. RF power amplifiers
16. Phase-locked loops
17. Oscillators and synthesizers
18. Phase noise
20. RF circuits through the ages.
Welcome to the resources site
Here you will find free-of-charge online materials to accompany this book. The range of materials we provide across our academic and higher education titles are an integral part of the book package whether you are a student, instructor, researcher or professional.
Find resources associated with this titleYour search for '' returned .
Type Name Unlocked * Format Size
*This title has one or more locked files and access is given only to instructors adopting the textbook for their class. We need to enforce this strictly so that solutions are not made available to students. To gain access to locked resources you either need first to sign in or register for an account.
These resources are provided free of charge by Cambridge University Press with permission of the author of the corresponding work, but are subject to copyright. You are permitted to view, print and download these resources for your own personal use only, provided any copyright lines on the resources are not removed or altered in any way. Any other use, including but not limited to distribution of the resources in modified form, or via electronic or other media, is strictly prohibited unless you have permission from the author of the corresponding work and provided you give appropriate acknowledgement of the source.
If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.com
Instructors have used or reviewed this title for the following courses
- Active Microwave Circuits
- Adv. High Speed and RF Integrated Circuits
- Advanced Topics in Electronic Instrumentation ll
- Analog electronics
- CMOS Circuits and Systems for Wireless Communications
- Communication Circuits Design I
- Communication Electronics
- Electronic devices llI
- Fundamentals of RF IC Design
- High Speed Communication Circuits
- Implantable Systems
- Interface electronics for wireless smart sensors
- Microwaves ll
- Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits
- Radio-Frequency CMOS Integrated-Circuits
- integrated circuit design
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×