Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
From inventory management in stores to automotive part tracking in assembly plants, barcodes are one of the most prevalent automatic identification and data capture technologies. This book provides a complete introduction to barcodes for mobile devices, presenting the most relevant and up-to-date information previously unavailable elsewhere or difficult to obtain. The focus throughout is on recent developments and two-dimensional (2D) barcodes, including the research and development steps towards colour barcodes for mobile devices, helping readers to develop their own barcodes. The authors also provide design details for their own novel colour 2D barcode: the Mobile MultiColour Composite (MMCC) barcode, plus coverage of RFID technology and one-dimensional barcodes. This book is ideal for professional developers of barcodes for mobile devices who need the latest technical details and information on how to develop barcodes. It is also a useful reference for graduate students researching the field of barcode technology and mobile computing.Read more
- A complete survey of barcodes for mobile devices, providing all the most relevant and up-to-date information previously difficult to obtain or unavailable elsewhere
- Describes the research and development steps towards colour barcodes for mobile devices to help readers develop their own barcodes
- Presents the design details for the authors' own novel colour 2D barcodes for mobile devices: the Mobile MultiColour Composite (MMCC) barcode
Be the first to review this book
- Date Published: May 2010
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521888394
- length: 268 pages
- dimensions: 253 x 179 x 18 mm
- weight: 0.72kg
- contains: 115 b/w illus. 16 colour illus.
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
2. Barcode technology evolution
3. Two dimensional barcode for mobile phones
4. Evolution of barcodes applications
5. Technologies for enhancing barcode robustness
6. A prototype colour 2D-barcode development
7. Evaluation of the prototype colour 2D-barcode
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×