Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This revised edition of a comprehensive single-volume Australian history reference incorporates the most recent historical research and contemporary debate on relevant issues. In addition to frontier violence between European settlers and Aborigines and the Stolen Generations, the volume covers the Sydney Olympics, the refugee crisis and the "Pacific solution."Read more
- Most recent and up-to-date short history of Australia written by one of Australia's most respected historians
- A lively and clear narrative history accessible to general readers
- This revised edition includes the most recent historical research and contemporary historical debates on frontier violence between European settlers and Aborigines and the Stolen Generations. It covers the Sydney Olympics, the refugee crisis and the 'Pacific solution'
Be the first to review this book
- Edition: 2nd Edition
- Date Published: December 2004
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521601016
- length: 356 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 139 x 23 mm
- weight: 0.44kg
- contains: 40 b/w illus. 6 maps
- availability: Replaced by 9780521735933
Table of Contents
2. Newcomers, c.1600–1792
3. Coercion, 1793–1821
4. Emancipation, 1822–1850
5. In thrall to progress, 1851–1888
6. National reconstruction, 1889–1913
7. Sacrifice, 1914–1945
8. Golden age, 1946–1974
9. Reinventing Australia, 1975-2003
10. What next?
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×