Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
This is a new edition of Frank Stubbings' Bedders, Bulldogs and Bedells: A Cambridge ABC, first published by the author in 1991. It has now been revised, enlarged by a number of new entries, and adorned with a selection of illustrations. Like the first edition, the book aims to explain lucidly and readably the many special words and usages current in the Cambridge academic milieu. What are bedders, bulldogs, bedells? What is a tripos? What is a gyp-room? What (in the past) was a ten-year man? What was the Wooden Spoon? Puzzled visitors, freshmen, even dons, may find here first aid and refreshment.Read more
- The indispensable guide to the many curious words and phrases, unique to the Cambridge academic community
- A revised, expanded and illustrated version of the author's 1991 edition
- An unusual souvenir for tourists and students
Be the first to review this book
- Date Published: January 1995
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521479783
- length: 140 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 140 x 8 mm
- weight: 0.19kg
- contains: 15 b/w illus.
- availability: Manufactured on demand: supplied direct from the printer
Table of Contents
Preface to the second edition
List of illustrations
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×