Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This book contains a global comparative study of implementation and monitoring mechanisms for national disability strategies. It comprises a comparative study that was conducted at international, regional, and comparative country levels and that highlights critical success factors in implementing disability strategies or action plans worldwide. It explores emerging synergies between what is required to implement principles of international law contained in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and what it is possible to achieve through national policy and systems development. A number of critical success factors for implementing and monitoring strategies are identified, including leadership from government and civil society, participation of disabled people in implementation and monitoring, transparency and accountability in reporting on progress, independent monitoring and external review, and the ability to measure progress with indicators of disability equality.Read more
- Discusses the success factors for national disability strategies
- Analyzes implementing the UN Convention at domestic level
- Offers a global comparative study
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: August 2011
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9781107011717
- length: 490 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 27 mm
- weight: 0.82kg
- contains: 1 b/w illus.
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
1. Comparative international trends in disability law and policy
2. Regional perspectives on disability strategies and action plans
3. Comparative country evaluation: a snapshot of approaches to national disability strategies
4. Success factors in delivering a national disability strategy - lessons from international and comparative experience
5. Identifying the golden threads in Irish disability law and policy
6. Achieving Ireland's national disability strategy - a case study in implementation and monitoring at domestic level
7. Showcasing domestic progress and achieving international standards
8. Structural ingredients for furthering national disability strategies
9. Measuring progress in achieving aims of national disability strategies - key success factors.
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×