Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
The Representation Theory of the Symmetric Group provides an account of both the ordinary and modular representation theory of the symmetric groups. The range of applications of this theory is vast, varying from theoretical physics, through combinatories to the study of polynomial identity algebras; and new uses are still being found.
Be the first to review this book
- Date Published: March 2009
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521104128
- length: 544 pages
- dimensions: 234 x 156 x 28 mm
- weight: 0.75kg
- availability: Manufactured on demand: supplied direct from the printer
Table of Contents
1. Symmetric groups and their young subgroups
2. Ordinary irreducible representations and characters of symmetric and alternating groups
3. Ordinary irreducible matrix representations of symmetric groups
4. Representations of wreath products
5. Applications to combinatories and representation theory
6. Modular representations
7. Representation theory of Sn over an arbitrary field
8. Representations of general linear groups
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×