Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact email@example.com providing details of the course you are teaching.
This is the latest edition of what has become a classic textbook on cardiac anatomy. The new edition will be of interest not only to the surgeon, but also to the cardiologist, anaesthesiologist and surgical pathologist. Chapter One introduces the surgical approaches to the heart, and will help to orientate the reader to the illustrations and detailed descriptions that follow. Topics covered include the normal surgical anatomy of the cardiac chambers, heart valves, and the system for circulation and conduction within the heart. It provides the essential anatomical knowledge required to assess and interpret the malformations, lesions, abnormalities, and positional anomalies discussed and illustrated in detail. Full colour surgical and pathological photographs accompany almost all of the anatomical descriptions, and detailed labelling enhances the user-friendly nature of the book. Detailed colour line diagrams generated specifically for the book also help to explain concepts and simplify complex descriptions.Read more
- First two editions extremely well reviewed
- Written by two of the world's leading experts in cardiac anatomy
- Superbly illustrated throughout with fully labelled colour photographs and colour line illustrations
- 2006 British Medical Association first prize in the cardiology category
Reviews & endorsements
"The visual material of this text is superb: pictures of actual cases, pathological dissections and diagrams are clear and well-presented. The photographs are well highlighted and small pictorials in the corner... allow the reader to visually orientate the anatomical content of the figure in three dimensions. The visual content well complements the text which is clear, precise and informative."
Etienne de Medicis MD FRCPC, Canadian Journal of Anesthesia
Be the first to review this book
- Edition: 3rd Edition
- Date Published: October 2005
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521861410
- length: 328 pages
- dimensions: 283 x 225 x 24 mm
- weight: 1.4kg
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
1. Surgical approaches to the heart
2. Anatomy of the cardiac chambers
3. Surgical anatomy of the valves of the heart
4. Surgical anatomy of the coronary circulation
5. Surgical anatomy of the conduction system
6. Analytic description of congenitally malformed hearts
7. Lesions in normally connected hearts
8. Lesions in hearts with abnormal segmental connections
9. Abnormalities of the great vessels
10. Positional anomalies of the heart.
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×