$294.00 (M)Print/online bundle
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
This new Digital Edition of Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology, Third Edition includes both the Book and one year, single-user access to the new, user-friendly, feature-laden site that integrates the content of the Third Edition, the Prescriber’s Guide and much, much more. Buy the book, scratch off the code, and have access to all of the online features for a full year. This Digital Edition includes the new Third Edition of the bestseller in Psychopharmacology plus one-year of full, single-user access to a brand new site that integrates this book and The Prescriber’s Guide into one must-have resource for anyone in Psychopharmacology. The site features: • Quick search for drugs by class, type or use • One-click downloading of any of the book’s illustrations or tables • User-friendly, icon-driven navigation • Fully linked content • Monthly updates including the new Stahl’s Illustrated series • And much more!
Be the first to review this book
- Date Published: December 2008
- format: Print/online bundle
- isbn: 9780521746090
- length: 1134 pages
- dimensions: 247 x 172 x 55 mm
- weight: 2.2kg
- availability: Unavailable - out of print September 2013
Table of Contents
1. Structure and function of neurons
2. Synaptic neurotransmission and the anatomically addressed nervous system
3. Signal transduction and the chemically addressed nervous system
4. Transporters and G-protein linked receptors as targets of psychopharmacological drug action
5. Ion channels and enzymes as targets of psychopharmacological drug action
6. Psychiatric genetics
7. Circuits in psychopharmacology
8. From circuits to symptoms in psychopharmacology
9. Psychosis and schizophrenia
10. Antipsychotic agents
11. Mood disorders
13. Mood stabilizers
14. Anxiety and anxiolytics
15. Chronic pain, functional somatic syndromes and their treatment
16. Disorders of sleep and wakefulness and their treatment
17. Disorders of cognition and their treatment
18. Psychopharmacology of reward: drugs of abuse, obesity and disorders of impulse control.
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×