Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
This is a volume of philosophical studies, centred on problems of personal identity and extending to related topics in the philosophy of mind and moral philosophy.
Be the first to review this book
- Date Published: April 1976
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521290609
- length: 276 pages
- dimensions: 216 x 140 x 16 mm
- weight: 0.35kg
- availability: Manufactured on demand: supplied direct from the printer
Table of Contents
1. Personal identity and individuation
2. Personal identity and bodily continuity
3. Imagination and the self
4. The self and the future
5. Are persons bodies?
6. The Makropulos case: reflections on the tedium of immortality
7. Strawson on individuals
8. Knowledge and meaning in the philosophy of mind
9. Deciding to believe
10. Imperative inference
11. Ethical consistency
12. Consistency and realism
13. Morality and the emotions
14. The idea of equality
15. Egoism and altruism
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website, your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×