Looking for an examination copy?
If you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
A comprehensive exposition of the transactional interpretation of quantum mechanics (TI), this book sheds new light on longstanding problems in quantum theory and provides insight into the compatibility of TI with relativity. It breaks new ground in interpreting quantum theory, presenting a compelling new picture of quantum reality. The book shows how TI can be used to solve the measurement problem of quantum mechanics and explain other puzzles, such as the origin of the 'Born Rule' for the probabilities of measurement results. It addresses and resolves various objections and challenges to TI, such as Maudlin's inconsistency challenge. It explicitly extends TI into the relativistic domain, providing new insight into the basic compatibility of TI with relativity and the physical meaning of 'virtual particles'. This book is ideal for researchers and graduate students interested in the philosophy of physics and the interpretation of quantum mechanics.Read more
- Extends transactional interpretation of quantum mechanics into the relativistic domain, providing a new insight into its compatibility with relativity
- Sheds new light on approaches to interpreting quantum theory, providing a new ontological picture of quantum reality
- Shows that transactional interpretation is a viable interpretation of quantum mechanics
Reviews & endorsements
"The Transactional Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics raises many questions, and raises them forcefully and well. Anyone interested in the thorny questions of possibility and actuality will find it intriguing, and with some study, perhaps inspiring."
Chris Fields, DisputatioSee more reviews
"There is a lot to absorb in this stimulating book."
Piero Scaruffi, scaruffi.com
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: November 2012
- format: Hardback
- isbn: 9780521764155
- length: 251 pages
- dimensions: 253 x 179 x 15 mm
- weight: 0.61kg
- contains: 54 b/w illus.
- availability: In stock
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: quantum peculiarities
2. The map vs the territory
3. The original TI: fundamentals
4. The new possibilist TI: fundamentals
5. Challenges, replies, and applications
6. PTI and relativity
7. The metaphysics of possibility
8. PTI and 'spacetime'
9. Epilogue: more than meets the eye
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×