Your next step
- Free trials are now available. To sign up, contact us.
- 800-221-4512 x5041
- email us
Honorable Mention, Dartmouth Medal
RUSA Outstanding Reference Award
Booklist Editorís Choice
LIBRARY JOURNAL Best of Reference in 2006
2008 Thomas Jefferson Prize
Cambridge University Press is proud to announce the publication of the Historical Statistics of the United States: Millennial Edition. The five-volume print version, the online version and the bundle version are now available; free trials are now available.
The last edition of the Historical Statistics of the United States was published by the Census Bureau in 1975. When the Census Bureau decided in the early 1990's that it would not publish a new edition of Historical Statistics, a team of renowned social scientists came together with Cambridge University Press to create a new edition. More than 200 of the nation's leading economists, historians, political scientists, sociologists, and other scholars contributed to the Millennial Edition of Historical Statistics. This new edition adds thirty years of data and contains coverage of topics that received little or no coverage in the 1975 edition: American Indians, slavery, poverty, race, and ethnicity. The most recent scholarship has been brought to bear in every table.
The electronic edition has been designed to give users a variety of means to search and navigate the vast amount of data in the Historical Statistics. Users will be able to graph individual tables or to combine data from different tables into "custom tables" and to download tables for use in spreadsheets and other applications.
We are certain that the new edition of the Historical Statistics will be received as a major tool for understanding the American past.
- Hugely expanded and revised: "a landmark reference ... 37,000 data series - three times more than in the previous edition and dozens of new topics..." - Library Journal Reference Roundup
- Available in print, online and print with online packages (bundle versions).
- One time purchase fee for electronic and bundle versions. Payment plans available. Available exclusively through Cambridge University Press.
- Publication: 2006
- 5-volume hardback set (now available);
online edition (now available);
print with online edition bundle (now available)
- Free Trial
- Free trials are now available! To sign up, contact us.