Your next step
Download the index (PDF, 182KB)
Free trials are now available. To sign up, contact us.
- 800-221-4512 x5041
- email us
Historical Statistics of the United States presents the numerical history of the United States. This definitive reference work contains more than 37,000 annual time series of quantitative historical information covering virtually every quantifiable dimension of American history: population, work and welfare, economic structure and performance, governance, and international relations, all from the earliest times to the present. Each series is fully documented and placed in historical context by a recognized expert. It will be a valuable resource for libraries, students, scholars, and journalists. There is nothing comparable.
- The standard source for the quantitative facts of American history
- A sweeping, comprehensive and thoroughly revised new edition
- In both print and electronic formats
- More than 1900 tables
- 39 chapters covering the full breadth of American history
- Over 170 maps, graphs and timelines
- Print version in 5 volumes
- Electronic version can be downloaded for easy analysis and chart preparation
- Dozens of new topics have been added including American Indians, slavery, poverty, non-profit organizations, race and ethnicity
- Over 100 essays putting information in historical context
- Fully cross-referenced and indexed
- Publication: 2006
- 5-volume hardback set (now available);
online edition (now available);
print with online edition bundle (now available)
- Free Trial
- Free trials are now available! To sign up, contact us.