English Idioms in Use Advanced
This book presents and practises over 1000 of the most useful and frequent idioms in typical contexts.
This reference and practice book looks at the most colourful and fun area of English vocabulary - idioms.
This book will appeal to students at advanced level who want to understand and use the English really used by native speakers, and students preparing for higher level exams, such as CAE, CPE and IELTS. Over 1,000 of the most useful and frequent idioms, which learners are likely to encounter are presented and practised in typical contexts, so that learners using this book will have hundreds of idioms 'at their fingertips'.
- Self-study reference and practice text for advanced learners, which can also be used for classroom work and exam preparation.
- Presents and explains over 1000 idioms in typical contexts using tables, charts, short texts and dialogues on left-hand pages. These are practised through a variety of exercises on right-hand pages.
- Includes error warnings, learning tips and follow-up tasks to encourage learner autonomy and provide strategy training.
- Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus, to ensure idioms are presented in authentic and natural contexts and the Cambridge Learner Corpus to ensure common learner errors in advanced exams are covered.
- Includes a comprehensive answer key and index.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×