Cambridge Teacher Development Online Courses
Use our online courses to develop your professional skills and knowledge. Cambridge Teacher Development provides a wide range of courses for you – 26 courses now available.
To buy access to these courses, scroll down the section below called How to get access to the online courses and library.
Many of these courses have been transferred from Cambridge English Teacher. Go to this page for more information on the closure of CET and what it means for you if you were a CET member.
Why follow these courses?
- It’s convenient – you can pick it up whenever you have time, and wherever you are. You have 18 months to complete the course once you start it.
- It’s engaging – the courses have been written by our world-leading authors, each unit in the course has interactive exercises to check your understanding, tasks for you to try out in the classroom, and sections for you to review your learning.
- Certificate of completion - when you complete 80% of the tasks in the course, and provide suitable responses for 75% of the course, you will be eligible for a course completion certificate.
- Progress tracker – you can see how you are progressing in the course, and if you are a trainer or co-ordinator for a team of teachers, you can see how each of them is progressing.
- The courses are designed to be followed by teachers with at least a B2 level of English.
Which courses are available now?
20 hour courses
5 hour courses
Online Resource Library
- Full access to Online Resource Library - see Guide for more info
- The TKT Course Modules 1, 2 and 3 Online (TKT Online) - go to this page for more information
- Language for Teaching online course - go to this page for more information.
How to get access to the online courses and library?
You can order access codes for any courses by completing this form and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already a Cambridge University Press customer, you can use your existing account.
You can also buy courses directly with your credit card - by visiting this page:
Please note that the ecommerce system for direct purchase of online courses is currently available in these countries:
Spain, France, United Kingdom, Italy, United States, Netherlands, Germany, Greece, Portugal, Canada, Belgium, Austria, Ireland, Andorra, Slovakia, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Gibraltar, British Virgin Islands
We are working to extend this to all countries.
The Cambridge Learning Management System
Cambridge Teacher Development online courses are run on the Cambridge Learning Management System (the CLMS). The CLMS is the world’s most widely used learning platform designed specifically for English Language Teaching. Here is a guide to using the system for Cambridge Teacher Development courses.
There is additional help on using the CLMS here: https://www.cambridgelms.org/main/p/frequentlyaskedquestions
Please note that the CLMS is also used for English language courses, and this affects teacher development courses in two ways:
- When you are following a teacher development course, you become ‘the student’ or ‘the learner’. If you have a trainer or co-ordinator supporting you during the course, they will be ‘the teacher’.
- With your registration on the CLMS, you can both be a teacher for a language course and ‘a learner’ on a teacher development course. You don’t need to register separately for each role.
If you have an access code for the CLMS, you can go to the landing page for the CLMS here: www.cambridgelms.org/main
Online training and support for Cambridge language courses
The CLMS also provides a range of free courses designed for teachers of Cambridge language courses. These are available to any teacher who registers on the CLMS. They include information on how best to teach your students using particular Cambridge courses. For more information on these free courses, please visit this page: Online training for Cambridge courses