By registering to access the products online (‘the Products’), users accept the terms and conditions set out below. Registration entitles individuals (‘Individuals’) and institutions (‘Institutions’) to a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to access the Products for the lifetime of the website. Institutions are further permitted to grant access to the Products to authorised users. ‘Authorised User’ is defined as an individual who is authorised to access the Products through a secure network at a purchasing Institution, via his/her affiliation with a purchasing Institution as a current student, faculty member, library patron or employee. Access to the Products will be via usernames and passwords which, in the case of access via an Institution, will be administered by your Institution. Individuals who are not members of an Institution which has already purchased access to the Products may gain access to the Products by registering a name, password and contact details.
Access to and use of this website
In accessing any part of this website, you agree NOT to:
- Engage in systematic copying or downloading of the Products or transmit any part of the Products by any means to any unauthorised user.
- Allow copies to be stored or accessed by an unauthorised user.
- Make the Products available in any other form or medium or create derivative works, in whole or in part, without the written permission of Cambridge University Press.
- Alter, amend, modify or change the Products.
- Reproduce or exploit any Product, in whole or in part, for commercial gain.
- Use this website in a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users.
- Upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world.
- Reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component.
- Change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
Cambridge University Press reserves the right to withdraw the subscriber's access to the Products in the event of systematic breach of these conditions by any authorised user.
Obligations of the Institutions
Each Institution shall use best endeavours to monitor compliance and immediately upon becoming aware of any unauthorised use or other breach by one of its Authorised Users, inform us and take all reasonable and appropriate steps, including disciplinary action, both to ensure that such activity ceases and to prevent any recurrence. The Institution shall use best endeavours to ensure that all Authorised Users are appropriately notified of the importance of respecting the intellectual property rights in the Products. The Institution shall be responsible for ensuring that adequate security is in place in order that only Authorised Users can gain access to the Products.
Use of Statistical Data
Exclusions and limitations of liability
This website has been prepared with the aim of providing information about Cambridge University Press, our products and services. Owing to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that this website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to users. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet. Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website was accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and we do not give any warranty that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all. This website and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this website or any material or content accessed through it.
Links from this website are provided for information and convenience only and we have no control over and cannot therefore accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third party website. We do not endorse any linked website.