Theory of Knowledge for the IB Diploma
Published: 24 March 2011
Now available as a full color version, this is a comprehensive, bestselling title for the Theory of Knowledge course in the IB Diploma Programme. It is also useful for students following other critical thinking courses.
The fundamental question in Theory of Knowledge is ‘How do you know?’ In exploring this question, the author encourages students to ask relevant questions, use language with care and precision, support ideas with evidence, argue coherently, and make sound judgments.
- preliminary quotations to prompt critical thinking
- questions and exercises to encourage students to actively engage with the material
- a ‘linking questions’ diagram that makes connections with other parts of the course
- cartoons and other illustrations to support the text
- a summary of key points and list of terms to remember
- suggestions for further reading
- reading resources to explore some of the topics covered in greater depth