- Subject(s):First Language English
- Qualification:Cambridge Primary
- Author(s):Gill Budgell, Kate Ruttle
- Available from: December 2014
Cambridge Primary English is a flexible, endorsed course written specifically to support Cambridge International Examinations' curriculum framework (Stages 1–6).
Send a Query×
Contains nine thematic units on exciting topics to engage young learners, following the Scheme of Work for the Stage.
Provides structured, cumulative lessons to cover all objectives in the Cambridge Primary English curriculum framework for the Stage.
Individual, paired and group activities which promote creativity and critical thinking, including songs and games, doing and making things, and problem-solving work.
Contains a carefully selected range of international fiction, non-fiction and poetry texts suited to the age and Stage of the learners.
Contains a Unit review at the end of each unit to revisit learning points and provide assessment opportunities.
Includes Spelling activities at the end of the book that can be used for separate or integrated spelling lessons. Icons in the nine units indicate opportunities to use the spelling activities within the main teaching sessions.
Includes a helpful reference section at the end of the book for learners to use. It contains tables, lists and reminders covering both language and literature work.
- Unit 1. Playing with friends
- Unit 2. Finding out and making
- Unit 3. Nursery-rhyme time
- Unit 4. Joining-in stories
- Unit 5. Reading to find out
- Unit 6. Rhyme time (2)
- Unit 7. Make-believe stories
- Unit 8. Things that have happened
- Unit 9. Poems and rhymes on a theme
- Review and reference: Days of the week, Colours, Numbers, Sounds, Common words, Rhyming words, Punctuation
Latest newsAll news
13 April 2018
Learn more about teaching probability with our free, online course
We’ve partnered with FutureLearn, the social learning platform, to help maths teachers all over the...