Grammar and Beyond
Students learn real-world language. Grammar and Beyond is based on extensive corpus research into the ways that grammar is used in the real world. The series takes this research base and focuses students' attention on the most relevant and accurate information. Students then immediately apply what they have learned in speaking and writing. While the series places special emphasis on grammar for writing, all four skills are covered thoroughly. As students prepare to write, they practice editing common mistakes–based on an extensive collection of student writing. Then, they apply the grammar directly in a writing task, making a clear connection between what they study and how they write.
Key Features of this Title
- Real-world information—Based on extensive research, the charts and explanations teach students how grammar is used with special information about the differences between formal and informal use.
- Common mistakes—Students learn to avoid the most common mistakes, based on research on student texts, making them better prepared for writing.
- Grammar for writing—Students study models of the grammar in writing and then apply it in their own work—preparing them for later coursework and making a clear connection between grammar and academic writing.
- Real-world contexts—Each structure is introduced in stimulating, contemporary texts that respect student intelligence and interest.
- Extensive practice—Students apply the grammar in numerous practice activities, facilitating acquisition.
- Online writing skills practice—For vocabulary and writing skill development, instructors can choose Writing Skills Interactive. This streamlined software provides a seamless integration of class work and automatically graded online homework.