The Teacher’s Grammar of English is a comprehensive resource text designed to help English language teachers and teachers-in-training develop their understanding of English grammar. In addition to complete, up-to-date coverage of form, meaning, and usage, each chapter includes practical suggestions for teaching. A unique section at the end of every chapter analyzes common errors made by learners from different language backgrounds.
Review exercises provide opportunities to deepen understanding of the grammatical structures and make the book an ideal text for a course on English grammar.
Key Features of The Teacher’s Grammar of English
- Comprehensive coverage of written and spoken English grammar
- Practice exercises and summary charts throughout each chapter
- Descriptions and analyses of typical errors, based on the latest research in second language acquisition
- Suggested teaching activities for addressing student errors
- Historical overview of the teaching of grammar including current approaches