English Pronunciation in Use Intermediate
English Pronunciation in Use Intermediate Second Edition is a comprehensive reference and practice book for learners of intermediate level and above. It is suitable for use by individual learners or in the classroom. Contains 60 easy-to-use two-page units covering all aspects of pronunciation, including sounds, stress and intonation. A brand new section 'Understanding Pronunciation in Use' focuses on the skill of understanding pronunciation in fast speech. The accompanying audio CDs include models for repetition and slowed down extracts for listening. New authentic, unscripted recordings give learners exposure to natural English in a variety of accents. The comprehensive reference section includes a glossary, exercises on using phonemic symbols and information on English as a lingua franca. The accompanying CD-ROM offers additional activities, a 'record yourself' feature and an interactive phonemic chart.
Key Features of this Title
- 60 easy-to-use units: key pronunciation points are presented on left-hand pages with a range of exercises on facing right-hand pages.
- Audio material offers a clear model for learners to listen, repeat and practise their own pronunciation.
- Self-diagnostic tests help learners identify and focus on their own pronunciation problems.
- Additional reference section includes a learner-friendly answer key, fun exercises to practise phonemic symbols, a guide for speakers of specific languages, exercises on minimal pairs and a glossary of specialized terms.
- New unscripted recordings containing a range of accents provide students with exposure to natural English pronunciation in use.
- There is an increased focus on English as an International Language throughout the book.
- Full-colour editon with new artwork and photographs.