The CD-ROM database is a file of 27,233 Trans-Atlantic slaving
voyages that sailed from Africa to the Americas.
It is essentially a spreadsheet consisting of rows or voyages and
227 columns or variables of information about each voyage.
These variables include details about:
- Numbers of enslaved Africans
- Numbers of crew
- Tonnage of slaving vessels
- Names of captains and ship owners
- Names of vessels
- Ports of trade in the Atlantic World
- Dates of departure and arrival
It is easy to access the 227 variables on the CD-ROM.
PREVIOUS | NEXT