The Gold Standard for Scientific Computing
Numerical Recipes is known throughout science as a must-have for anyone in math, computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, biology and many more fields, who is engaged in scientific computing.
Numerical Recipes: The Art of Scientific Computing, Third Edition is destined to become just as much as a mainstay as its previous editions. Now fully updated, new key features include:
New key features include:
- 2 new chapters, 25 new sections, and is 25% longer than Second Edition
- Thorough upgrades throughout the text
- Over 100 completely new routines (in new chapters and sections) and upgrades of many more.
- linear algebra, interpolation, special functions, random numbers, nonlinear sets of equations, optimization, eigensystems, Fourier methods and wavelets, statistical tests, ODEs and PDEs, integral equations, and inverse theory
New chapters cover such key topics as:
- Classification and inference, Gaussian mixture models, HMMs, hierarchical clustering, Support Vector Machines, computational geometry, covering KD trees, quad- and octrees, Delaunay triangulation, and algorithms for lines, polygons, triangles, and spheres
- Interior point methods for linear programming
- Monte Carlo Markov Chains
- An expanded treatment of ODEs with completely new routines
- Many new statistical distributions
And much, much more!
"This monumental and classic work is beautifully produced…an
essential component of any serious scientific or engineering
"Any technology company that doesn't have a few copies of this work
and the accompanying diskettes is wasting the precious time of its best