Price is not yet set
Other available formats:
Looking for an examination copy?
This title is not currently available for examination. However, if you are interested in the title for your course we can consider offering an examination copy. To register your interest please contact firstname.lastname@example.org providing details of the course you are teaching.
Originally published in 1985, Hormones and Human Behaviour provides an account of knowledge concerning the influence of hormones on human behaviour, largely from a physiological point of view. The topics covered include the control of eating, drinking, sexual behaviour, emotional behaviour, learning and memory, as well as the ways in which psychiatric states may affect these activities, and in which hormones may alter mental function. Thus the book will be of interest to those working in the behavioural sciences and psychiatry, as well as to those studying for specialist qualifications in psychological medicine.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9780521283212
- length: 232 pages
- dimensions: 229 x 152 x 13 mm
- weight: 0.35kg
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and overview
2. The pituitary gland and behaviour: the neurohypophysis
3. The anterior pituitary gland and behaviour
4. Neurotransmitters and endocrine function
5. Cellular mechanisms of hormone action
6. Patterns in hormone secretion
7. Hormones and brain development
8. Hormones and male sexual behaviour
9. Hormones and aggression
10. Hormones and the control of food intake
11. Hormones and emotion
12. Hormones and learning and memory
13. What next?
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email email@example.comRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×