Open World Preliminary
Student’s Book without Answers with Online Practice
Embark on a journey beyond the traditional boundaries between exam preparation and real-world language with Open World Preliminary.
A unique exam journey in the Student's Book maximises students' performance. Exam Training tasks build confidence allowing them to progress to full task practice in the Exam focus. Real World sections open up language knowledge with listenings, videos and texts introducing common yet surprising expression, while mobile animations spark learning before or after class with Grammar on the move. Optional Push yourself sections throughout the book extend students' capability and confidence to B2 First level. Online Practice offers additional practice in grammar and vocabulary. Downloadable Class Audio containing the necessary listening material is provided with the Teacher's Book.
- The Workbook and Test Generator provide additional exam practice and two complete practice tests provide a valuable run-through of the full exam.
- Grammar videos provide opportunities for flipped learning – students can watch the grammar videos before class, or use them as a revision aid.
- Dynamic documentary videos and texts in the Real World sections provide an insight into real life situations around the world, and how to get by in them.
- Launch mobile animations, before or after class, to spark learning with Grammar on the move.
- Exam tips and Exam facts given throughout the Exam focus pages develop the students’ strategies for exam success. Each unit has a separate exam focus with full exam tasks and a familiarisation task.
- Push yourself sections extend students’ capability and confidence to an even higher level. These sections allow students to stretch to the CEFR level above their current exam.
- The Real World pages add an extra layer of authenticity to each unit, giving the learners a chance to demonstrate the English abilities they need to communicate effectively in the open world.
- Each Real World lesson ends with a link to a Life competence: a life-long skill taken from The Cambridge Framework for Life Competencies.
- A Grammar reference, Phrasal verbs, a Writing bank and a Speaking bank all provide extra reference and practice.
From the World of Better Learning
We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties. We expect to be up and running again soon; we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Also in this subject
Fun for Starters
Student's Book with Online Activities with Audio
Fourth edition of the full-colour Cambridge English: Young Learners (YLE) preparation activities for all three levels of the test (Starters, Movers, Flyers) updated to reflect the new revised specifications which will be out in January 2018.Authors: Anne Robinson, Karen SaxbyEnglish Type: British EnglishCEF Level: A1 - A2Publication date: December 2016
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×