- Format:Print/online bundle
- Subject(s):Combined Science
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Mary Jones, Richard Harwood, Ian Lodge, David Sang
- Available from: March 2019
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
The Cambridge IGCSE® Combined and Co-ordinated Sciences series is tailored to the 0653 and 0654 syllabuses for first examination in 2019, and all components of the series are endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations.
Send a Query×
This print and digital coursebook is for Cambridge IGCSE® Combined and Co-ordinated Sciences 0653 and 0654 syllabuses, for first examination in 2019. Endorsed for full syllabus coverage by Cambridge International Examinations, the resources cover the knowledge and skills required in the courses. Engaging activities in every chapter help develop practical and investigative skills, while end-of-chapter questions track progress. The CD-ROM contains self-assessment checklists for making drawings, constructing results tables, drawing graphs and designing experiments, as well as answers to end-of-chapter questions. The Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition contains animated videos and auto-marked formative assessment questions that help students with the courses.
Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students and teachers to annotate text, add audio notes and link to external sources.
Endorsed for full syllabus coverage by Cambridge International Examinations. Teachers and students can be confident that the coursebook covers the syllabuses in appropriate detail, with syllabus levels clearly defined.
Activities in every chapter help students to develop essential practical and investigation skills.
Study tips are highlighted throughout to help students assess and develop their own learning styles.
The accompanying CD-ROM contains self-assessment checklists for making drawings, constructing and completing results tables, drawing graphs and designing experiments to support the development of these key skills.
Self-assessment questions are included throughout every chapter to help students to track their own progress throughout the course, and additional auto-marking multiple choice tests are provided on the CD-ROM for extra practice.
Questions at the end of each chapter build in difficulty and assess higher order thinking skills, preparing students for the style of question they might encounter in their examinations.
The Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition is available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
Digital enhancements include short animated videos and auto-marked formative assessment questions. These help students understand scientific concepts and put theory into practice.
- Biology: B1 Cells
- B2 Movement in and out of cells
- B3 Biological molecules
- B4 Plant nutrition
- B5 Animal nutrition
- B6 Transport in plants
- B7 Transport in mammals
- B8 Respiration and gas exchange
- B9 Coordination and homeostasis
- B10 Reproduction in plants
- B11 Reproduction in humans
- B12 Inheritance
- B13 Variation and selection
- B14 Organisms and their environment
- Chemistry: C1 Planet Earth
- C2 The nature of matter
- C3 Elements and compounds
- C4 Chemical reactions
- C6 Quantitative chemistry
- C7 How far? How fast?
- C8 Patterns and properties of metals
- C9 Industrial inorganic chemistry
- C10 Organic chemistry
- C11 Petrochemicals and polymers
- C12 Chemical analysis and investigation
- Physics: P1 Making measurements
- P2 Describing motion
- P3 Forces and motion
- P4 Turning effects of forces
- P5 Forces and matter
- P6 Energy transformations and energy transfers
- P7 Energy resources
- P8 Work and power
- P9 The kinetic model of matter
- P10 Thermal properties of matter
- P11 Thermal (heat) energy transfers
- P12 Sound
- P13 Light
- P14 Properties of waves
- P15 Spectra
- P16 Magnetism
- P17 Electric charge
- P18 Electrical quantities
- P19 Electric circuits
- P20 Electromagnetic forces
- P21 Electromagnetic induction
- P22 Atomic physics
- Answers to self-assessment questions
- Answers to end-of-chapter questions
- Multiple Choice Test
- Revision Checklists
- Self-assessment checklist for drawing
- Study and revision skills
- Notes on activities for teachers/technicians
Latest newsAll news
08 February 2019
Activities to help you teach combinations
The challenges that learners face in regard to problems on combinations are, of course, quite...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×