English Collocations in Use Intermediate
Replaced by 9781316629758
This book presents and practises hundreds of collocations in typical contexts and is ideal for intermediate level students and above who want to take their English to the next level.
A good knowledge of collocations (typical word combinations) is essential for fluent and natural-sounding English. Using collocations will improve your style of written and spoken English, and knowledge of collocations is often tested in examinations such as Cambridge FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS. Learning correct word combinations will also help you avoid common learner errors. English Collocations in Use presents and practises hundreds of collocations in typical contexts. It is ideal for students at good intermediate level and above.
- 60 easy-to-use two-page units: collocations are presented and explained on left-hand pages with a range of practice exercises on right-hand pages.
- Presents and explains over 1,500 word combinations in typical contexts using tables, charts, short texts and dialogues.
- Contains a comprehensive answer key and full index for easy reference.
- Includes tips on learning strategies and ways to avoid common mistakes.
- Informed by the Cambridge International Corpus to ensure that the most frequent and useful collocations are presented.
Also in this subject
Cambridge Vocabulary for IELTS Advanced Band 6.5+
with Answers and Audio CD
The book covers all the vocabulary needed by students aiming for band 6.5 and above in the IELTS tests and provides students with practice of exam tasks from each paper.Author: Pauline CullenEnglish Type: International EnglishCEF Level: C1 - C2Publication date: January 2012
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×