- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Nigel Price, Michael Wells, Nicholas Fellows, Anjali Tyagi
- Available from: August 2013
Endorsed by University of Cambridge International Examinations.
Send a Query×
Written for the Cambridge International Examinations syllabus, Cambridge IGCSE India Studies adopts an enquiry based approach with a strong focus on investigating and analysing the emergence of contemporary India. In the process, it promotes the development of core skills and ways of thinking critically that are essential to succeed in secondary and higher education and all professional areas. This will encourage students to be creative, innovative, enterprising and independent.
List of aims and key concepts to introduce the core themes
Introduction and timeline provided to help in the understanding of the context
Activities, aid to learning questions and fact boxes to evaluate and increase focus
Case studies, maps, figures and images used for analysis and to facilitate learning
End-of-chapter exercises to review and improve exam skills
- Unit I. Sustaining Indian Democracy: 1. Democracy by coalition: 'a new start'
- 2. Indian political system at work
- 3. Threats to democracy
- 4. Political participation
- Unit II. Economic Development: 1. Introduction to economic growth and economic development
- 2: How is the policy of economic liberalization in India best explained?
- 3. Economic reforms in India
- 4. How far has economic liberalization changed India?
- 5. To what extent have economic reforms been too modest and its human benefits too uneven?
- Unit III. The Social and Cultural Development of India since 1984: Unit IV. Geopolitics: Redefining India's Regional and Global Role.
Latest newsAll news
11 November 2019
Six free resources for the Cambridge Global Perspectives™ classroom
A key part of any Cambridge Global Perspectives study is the rich and diverse viewpoints...
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×