A Course in Reading Skills for Academic Purposes
Study Reading is a course for learners of intermediate level or above who need to advance their reading skills for study purposes.
* adopts a learner centred approach suitable for classroom as well as self-study use.
* has clearly labelled sections which allow users to select and focus on the skills areas most appropriate to their needs.
* includes authentic texts from textbooks, journals, reference works and study guides currently used in universities, colleges, and other institutions of higher learning.
* encourages students to refine their reading strategies through a variety of task-based and problem-solving activities.
* gives direct advice on how to improve reading efficiency.
This Second edition has been updated to include not only more recent texts in the disciplines represented but also to take account of new media with the growth of on-line resources. For the first time too, activities are included for IELTS practice.
Also in this subject
Cambridge Academic English B2 Upper Intermediate
Class Audio CD and DVD Pack
An Integrated Skills Course for EAP
A three-level (B1+ to C1) integrated skills course for higher education students at university or on foundation courses.Author: Martin HewingsEnglish Type: International EnglishCEF Level: B2Publication date: April 2012
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×