Connect, Second Edition, is a fun, four-level, multi-skills American English course especially written and designed for young adolescents.
Motivation is encouraged through high-interest topics and lively activities. Each Student's Book contains eight units divided into two-page lessons with full-color photographs and illustrations. Also included in each unit are 'Get Connected' lessons which give students an opportunity to consolidate the English they are learning, and Theme Projects which help students connect their English to the world outside the classroom.
- Up-to-date topics and contexts draw in students using high-interest topics which increase their motivation to learn English.
- Engaging dialogs, exercises, and games provide opportunities for students to communicate about their own lives and experiences.
- Point-by-point grammar boxes present grammar in a clear manner making it less intimidating.
- Clear vocabulary presentations give students easy-to-understand definitions, structured practice, and the opportunity to reinforce what they have learned.
- Graded, multi-skills syllabus presents vocabulary, grammar (Language Focus), listening, and reading in a logical sequence for both teachers and students.
- Theme Projects take students beyond the manipulation of language by connecting their English with the world outside the classroom.
- Controlled and open-ended speaking activities build up students' confidence with oral communication skills.
- Teacher's Edition with worksheets, unit quizzes, and step-by-step instructions provides teachers with flexibility in their teaching.
- The Teacher Support Site provides extra grammar worksheets, readings, tests, and support for teachers.
From the World of Better LearningVisit blog
Better Learning Conference 2019: Building educational leadership and self-sustaining professional learning communities
In this talk at the Better Learning Conference 2019, our speaker Peter Dudley discusses how we learn/develop as Human beings, not just as students. He also covers why it is difficult as an adult and/or teacher …
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×