- Format:Digital product license key
- Qualification:Cambridge IGCSE
- Author(s):Jamie Bough, Robin Macpherson, Anna Cowper
- Available from: February 2018
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Cambridge IGCSE® and O Level History Second edition for Option B: the 20th Century of the syllabus (0470,2147), updated for the revised syllabus for first examination from 2020 and now supporting O Level as well.
Send a Query×
The teacher's resource helps you bring Cambridge IGCSE and O Level History to life, as students explore topics such as the Second World War, the USSR and more. Written in collaboration with an English as an Additional Language specialist, language support sections suggest activities for each subtopic, anticipating common challenges and providing tips to overcome them. This resource contains source material from the coursebook so you have the option to print or project in class for group learning. Sample answers are in the teacher's resource. This card gives you access to your digital teacher's resource on the Cambridge Elevate platform and is available to purchase from distributors. If you wish to buy this resource directly from us, we will email you a book code - please contact your sales consultant or customer services.
Your digital teacher's resource gives you access to everything you need to plan your teaching. Choose from editable Word files or PDFs for lesson plans and worksheets.
Editable worksheets in the resource serve as ready-made activities, saving teachers time plotting and designing worksheets of their own.
Sections dedicated to language anticipate likely problem areas and suggest ways to overcome them while highlighting helpful academic language students should be using.
Suggestions for differentiation activities help teachers give their students extra support or challenge them to inquire further.
Ideas for starting lessons, suggestions for making content more active in the classroom and links to historical websites for background reading give teachers a creative starting point for lesson planning.
Sample answers and links to assessment objectives help teachers mark and students to understand how to demonstrate their skills.
This digital resource contains source material from the coursebook so you have the option to print or project in class for group learning.
Go directly to the resource index to download every file you need to deliver a specific unit or lesson, so you don’t have to rely on your internet connection.
Cambridge Elevate is simple to navigate and personalise - highlight text, annotate, create voice notes, or organise your table of contents.
Access your library of Cambridge books anywhere, anytime whether online or offline (via the app). For more information, please visit elevate.cambridge.org/support.
- How to use this resource: Resource Index: Introduction: The Big Picture of the 20th Century
- The Great War: 1914-1918, Section A. Core Content: 1. Key Question 1. Were the peace treaties of 1919-1923 fair?
- 2. Key Question 2. To what extent was the League of Nations a success?
- 3. Key Question 3. Why had international peace collapsed by 1939?
- 4. Key Question 4. Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- 5. Key Question 5. How effectively did the USA contain the spread of Communism?
- 6. Key Question 6. How secure was the USSR's control over Eastern Europe, 1948-c.1989?
- 7. Key Question 7. Why did events in the Gulf matter, c.1970-2000?
- Section B. Depth Studies: 9. The First World War 1914-18
- 10. Germany 1914-45
- 11. Russia 1905-41
- 12. The USA 1919-41
- 13. Preparing for assessment.
Latest newsAll news
18 January 2019
Teaching a Poem, with Elizabeth Whittome
English blog about teaching a poem
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×