- Subject(s):English as a Second Language
- Qualification:Cambridge Lower Secondary
- Author(s):Chris Barker, Libby Mitchell
- Available from: August 2014
Cambridge Global English Stages 7-9 follow the Cambridge Lower Secondary English as a Second Language (ESL) Curriculum Framework.
Send a Query×
Workbook 8 is organised into eighteen thematic units of study based on the Cambridge International Examinations English as a Second Language Scheme of Work for Stage 8 The units are carefully structured to reinforce the language learning of the Coursebook, at the same time as extending students’ knowledge via a range of exercise types. CEFR Level: B1.
Stages 7-9 help to prepare learners for the Cambridge International Examinations Secondary 1 Checkpoint test
18 thematic units mapped to the Coursebook units
Comprehensive grammar reference section included, which supplements both the Workbook and the Coursebook
‘Study skills’ features offer helpful guidance to students
Skills-based approach to language learning
Wide variety of exercise types
- Unit 1: 1. Languages of the world
- 2. Teach yourself Tok Pisin!
- 3. It's good to learn languages
- Unit 2: 1. E-communication
- 2. The future of schools
- 3. I wish I hadn't done that!
- Unit 3: 1. Rivers and coasts
- 2. The water cycle
- 3. Saved by the bell!
- Unit 4: 1. Great expeditions
- 2. The Treasure Fleet
- 3. Should we continue to explore space?
- Unit 5: 1. Sports and hobbies
- 2. At the top of their game
- 3. What are your hobbies?
- Unit 6: 1. Entertainment and media
- 2. At the circus
- 3. A film review
- Unit 7: 1. Household routines
- 2. In my room
- 3. Jobs at home
- Unit 8: 1. Habitat interactions
- 2. Live and let live
- 3. The food chain
- Unit 9: 1. Buildings and structures
- 2. Art meets engineering
- 3. school design challenge
- Unit 10: 1. Design and shape
- 2. What shape is it?
- 3. Classic designs
- Unit 11: 1. Personality types
- 2. A teenage millionaire
- 3. The world of soap opera
- Unit 12: 1. People and their jobs
- 2. A day in the life
- 3. What about becoming a …?
- Unit 13: 1. Shops and services
- 2. The psychology of shopping
- 3. The best present
- Unit 14: 1. Possessions and personal space
- 2. My space
- 3. For sale
- Unit 15: 1. Natural disasters
- 2. Drought in East Africa
- 3. Raising money for charity
- Unit 16: 1. Survivors
- 2. Surviving together
- 3. Survival kit
- Unit 17: 1. Sumer season
- 2. Summer camp in Japan
- 3. A room with a view
- Unit 18: 1. Using English
- 2. The story of Midas
- 3. The performance
- Grammar reference.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×