Everyone has a story about a teacher who has made a difference to their life, however big or small. For example, the British actor Patrick Stewart credits his English teacher for inspiring him to become an actor, putting a copy of Shakespeare in his hand and telling him to ‘get up on your feet and perform’. Despite the amazing job that teachers do every day, there are surprisingly few opportunities to say thank you.
We’d like to change that with our Dedicated Teacher Awards.
From October-December 2018, we invited students, teachers or anyone with an inspiring teacher story to share it with us so we could say thank you together. This year, we’ll be showcasing amazing teachers and expressing our appreciation inside our new books.
This is a great opportunity to give recognition and thanks to the teachers. Chosen by a panel of educational experts, six winning finalists will win a host of prizes, plus promotion from Cambridge University Press for themselves and their school.
- Their photo, name and school on a thank you page in all our publishing in 2019
- An invitation to our exclusive teacher panel
- A class set of resources worth up to £500
- Their story in our print brand book used to promote Cambridge University Press at global events
- A showcase page in our 2020 catalogue
- Their story shared throughout the year, which will give both the teacher and the school publicity
Finalists will be put to a public vote with the overall winner receiving:
- An expenses paid trip to Cambridge to share knowledge at our 2019 conference
We announced the the 6 lucky finalists an overall winner on 21 January, 2019. Read the Dedicated Teacher Awards 2019 winning stories now!