- Format:Print/online bundle
- Qualification:Cambridge AS and A Level
- Author(s):Lawrie Ryan, Roger Norris
- Available from: June 2020
For first examination from 2022, these resources meet the real needs of the chemistry classroom.
Send a Query×
Extensive research through lesson observations, teacher interviews and work with our research community (the Cambridge Panel) means that this coursebook with digital access meets the real teaching needs of the chemistry classroom. Exam-style questions ensure students feel confident approaching assessment. New features provide reflection opportunities and self-evaluation checklists develop responsible learners. The coursebook provides a range of enquiry questions, such as practical activities, group work and debate questions that develop 21st century skills. It supports English as a second language learners with key command terms, accessible language and glossary definitions.
Features (such as ‘Before You Start’), summaries and reflection boxes provide students with metacognitive and content-based reflection opportunities.
Science in Context features with open-ended discussion questions enable students to practise their English skills, interpret ideas in a real-world context, and debate concepts with other learners.
Multi-part exam-style questions at the end of each chapter help prepare students for examinations and cover the range of paper styles.
Provides a range of enquiry questions – such as practical activities, group work and debate questions, that help students develop 21st century skills.
Combined print and digital resource enables you to use the content in a format that suits you.
Includes answers to in-chapter and exam-style questions so students have everything they need to revise when they want
Practical activity features build student understanding so that they can put theory into a practical context.
- How to use this series
- How to use this book
- 1. Atomic structure
- 2. Electrons in atoms
- 3. Atoms, molecules and stoichiometry
- 4. Chemical bonding
- 5. States of matter
- 6. Enthalpy changes
- 7. Redox reactions
- 8. Equilibria
- 9. Rates of reaction
- 10. Periodicity
- 11. Group 2
- 12. Group 17
- 13. Nitrogen and Sulfur
- 14. Introduction to organic chemistry
- 15. Hydrocarbons
- 16. Halogenoalkanes
- 17. Alcohols, esters, carboxylic acids
- 18. Carbonyl compounds
- P1. Practical skills for AS Level
- 19. Lattice energy
- 20. Electrochemistry
- 21. Further aspects of equilibria
- 22. Reaction kinetics
- 23. Entropy and Gibbs free energy
- 24. Transition elements
- 25. Benzene and its compounds
- 26. Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- 27. Organic nitrogen compounds
- 28. Polymerisation
- 29. Organic synthesis
- 30. Analytical chemistry
- P2. Practical skills for A Level
- Appendix 1. The Periodic Table of the Elements
- Appendix 2. Selected standard electrode potentials
- Appendix 3. Qualitative analysis notes
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×