What are the system requirements for using Ventures Teacher's Toolkit?
The recommended system requirements are:
- Windows XP / 2000
- Mac OS X 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6 with Rosetta
- Intel Pentium processor - minimum 400 MHz
- 128 MB RAM minimum
- Sound card; speakers or headphones
- Flash 8 plug-in or higher
Please note that the latest versions of Mac OS X, v10.7 and 10.8, are not supported.
How do the Teacher's Toolkit Audio CD and CD-ROM features work on my computer?
No matter what computer you use, the CD-ROM program should start itself without you having to click anything, but it can take a while to start and that functionality may be disabled on some computers. To manually open the CD-ROM, follow the directions below for your operating system:
If you use a PC, then you should go to My Computer and right-click on the Ventures CD-ROM. Select Explore and then double click on the Ventures icon to open the program — there may be a delay.
If you use a Mac, then there should be two icons on the desktop. One for an Audio CD and the other for Ventures - (1, 2, 3, 4). They will not be located next to one another. You may need to wait for a few seconds before the Ventures CD icon appears. If the icon is still not showing up, please firstname.lastname@example.org for help troubleshooting, as there may be an issue with the CD-ROM or computer.
To play the audio files, either put the Audio CD/CD-ROM in any CD player, or put it in your computer and open a media player, such as iTunes or Windows Media Player. You will see the audio files in the media player.
What are the system requirements for Ventures Classware?
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Mac OS X 10.4 or above
- 512 MB of RAM
- 1.2 GB of free disk space
- XP: 1 GHz processor with 512 RAM
- Vista: 1.5 Ghz processor with 1 GB RAM
- Mac: G4, G5, or Intel processor with 1 GB of RAM
Do I need to install the Classware Player to run Ventures Classware on my computer?
Yes, if you do not have the player already installed on your computer. You only have to install the player one time on each computer. Each Book must then be installed separately. For example, if you are using Ventures Level 1 and 2, then you should install the Player, then Ventures 1 and Ventures 2.
For complete installation instructions, refer to the insert card in the plastic sleeve at the back of the Student's Book or see the readme file on the CD-ROM.
I get an error message when I try to install the Classware CD-ROM. What should I do?
This error can occur when you have the most recent version of Adobe Air already installed on your computer. The Classware CD-ROM tries to install an older version, so you see the error when this installation fails. The installation of the actual Classware software is not affected by this error. When you see the error, just hit "close" and open Classware like you normally would after the completion of the installation.
If you know you have an updated version of Adobe Air, you can choose to install the Classware software without installing Adobe Air. This should avoid the error message.
Sometimes the zoom function doesn't work, and I instead see solid colors on my screen. What should I do?
The latest version of Adobe Air (version 3.1 or higher) is causing problems with the zoom or magnifying glass functionality. While our developers work on a fix for the problem you can downgrade your version of Adobe Air to fix the problem.
To install an older version of Air, go to Adobe's website. Please remember to uninstall the current version before installing the older version. Adobe AIR 2.7 runtime download will fix the zoom issues. Running the software on a computer that doesn't have the latest version of Air would also work.
If you do install an older version, Adobe will pop up a window that asks you to upgrade Air each time you open Classware. This is not an error message, just a reminder, so you can press cancel.
How do I print multiple Picture Dictionary Cards per sheet?
- Select the unit you wish to print from the menu.
- Click the Print button located at the top right of the window. It has a small printer on it and is located between the Help button and the Magnify button.
- You will be presented with your default Printer dialog screen.
- Click the Preferences button.
- Depending on your printer you need to click the Finishing tab or Layout tab. If you don't see either of these then simply click through the tabs until you find the option that allows you to print multiple pages per sheet.
- Click OK once you have selected the number of Pages per Sheet you wish to print.
- You are now back at the first print dialog screen. When you are ready to print click Print.