- Format:Cambridge Elevate
- Qualification:IB Diploma
- Author(s):Allan Todd
- Available from: No date available
- Notes: Not available for credit card purchase. Please contact Customer Services.
Comprehensive second editions of History for the IB Diploma Paper 2, revised for first teaching in 2015.
Send a Query×
This Cambridge Elevate edition covers Paper 2, World History Topic 12: The Cold War: Superpower Tensions and Rivalries (20th century) of the History for the IB Diploma syllabus for first assessment in 2017. Tailored to the requirements of the IB syllabus and written by experienced IB History examiners and teachers, it offers authoritative and engaging guidance through the following detailed studies of leaders and crises from around the world: Truman, Khrushchev, Gorbachev, Castro, and Reagan; and the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Korean War, the Prague spring, and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
- 1. Introduction
- Unit 1. Nature of the Cold War
- Unit 2. Origins of the Cold War
- Unit 3. The First Cold War (1946–53): 2. Developments in Europe
- 3. Developments in Asia and Oceania
- Unit 4. Fluctuating relations (1953–68): 4. Developments in Europe
- 5. Developments in Asia
- 6. Developments in the Americas
- Unit 5. From détente to the Second Cold War (1969–85): 7. Developments in Europe
- 8. Developments in Africa and the Middle East, and in the Americas
- 9. Developments in Asia and Oceania
- Unit 6. The end of the Cold War (1985–91)
- Unit 7. Exam practice
- Further information
Latest newsAll news
19 June 2019
English language exercises to develop active learners
Five exercises that help to develop English language skills in an active way.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×