Originally published in 1918, this book forms part of a three-volume work created to expand upon the content of a series of lectures delivered at the University of Calcutta during the winter of 1909–10. The chief feature of all three volumes is that they deal with rectangular matrices and determinoids as distinguished from square matrices and determinants, the determinoid of a rectangular matrix being related to it in the same way as a determinant is related to a square matrix. An attempt is made to set forth a complete and consistent theory or calculus of rectangular matrices and determinoids. The second volume contains further developments of the general theory, including a discussion of matrix equations of the second degree. It also contains a large number of applications to algebra and to analytical geometry of space of two, three and n dimensions.
Not yet reviewed
Be the first to review
Review was not posted due to profanity×
- Date Published: March 2013
- format: Paperback
- isbn: 9781107620834
- length: 580 pages
- dimensions: 254 x 178 x 30 mm
- weight: 0.99kg
- availability: Available
Table of Contents
12. Compound matrices
13. Relations between the elements and minor determinants of a matrix
14. Some properties of square matrices
15. Banks of matrix products and matrix factors
16. Equigradient transformations of a matrix whose elements are constants
17. Some matrix equations of the second degree
18. The extravagances of matrices and of spacelets in homogeneous space
19. The paratomy and orthotomy of two matrices and of two spacelets of homogeneous space
Sorry, this resource is locked
Please register or sign in to request access. If you are having problems accessing these resources please email firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister Sign in
You are now leaving the Cambridge University Press website. Your eBook purchase and download will be completed by our partner www.ebooks.com. Please see the permission section of the www.ebooks.com catalogue page for details of the print & copy limits on our eBooks.Continue ×
Are you sure you want to delete your account?
This cannot be undone.
Thank you for your feedback which will help us improve our service.
If you requested a response, we will make sure to get back to you shortly.×